A WD TV Live or a Raspberry Pi Is Your Cheapo-Media-Player-Project Deal of the Day
2nd Jan 2013 | 13:30
Now that Christmas is over, the retailers are keeping the bargains close to their chests, so the pickings today are fairly slim, but there's a couple of nice media-playing offers.
First up is the Western Digital TV Live, a media player that will handle almost anything you care to chuck at it. Attach a hard drive filled with all of your 'legitimately acquired' movies and TV shows and it'll play them through your TV. There's also built-in catch-up TV, YouTube, Spotify, Netflix and a bunch of other stuff. A veritable snip at only Â£62.90. Better still, if you're not scared of something slightly more complicated, you can pick up a Raspberry Pi Type B (512MB) for just Â£25.92 and run XBMC on it to make it into a nifty media player. Go on -- start the new year with a challenge...
- Syma S107G 3-channel infrared controlled helicopter with gyroscopic stability control - Â£13.75 delivered.
- Samsung Galaxy S III cases -- only Â£1.00.
- Max Payne franchise (PC) -- from Â£9.98.
- Astronomical telescope -- was Â£179.99, now only Â£79.99.
- KitSound KSUNO mini speaker with on-board amplifier - Â£7.88 delivered.
Dealzmodo is brought to you with HUKD, a community of deal vikings who hunt down and vote up the UK's best deals, codes and consumer tips.